[Histonet] Giemsa Stain

Mike Pence mpence <@t> grhs.net
Wed Nov 14 08:03:00 CST 2007

We do a Diff Qik stain that takes 30 seconds to do and we use a control
with the stain.
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Schaundra Walton
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 5:00 PM
To: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] Giemsa Stain

We've been using a Giemsa stain for our H. pylori cases without a
control tissue.  It has come to my attention that this may not be good
practice.  I was under the impression that the Giemsa stain had an
internal control.  Is anyone else using a this stain for H. pylori?  Are
you running a tissue control with it?