[Histonet] RE: TGIF

Farish, Craig cfarish <@t> csu.edu.au
Mon Nov 12 21:03:54 CST 2007

And in return:

A surgeon, pathologist, physician, psychiatrist and radiologist go duck
hunting out on a pond.

As the first duck flies over head, the psychiatrist takes aim, ....but
doesn't fire.

"What the hell happened?" demands the surgeon (they're known for their
retiring manner)

"Well, says the psychiatrist, I know its a duck, and YOU know its a duck
- but does the duck know its a duck?"

The second bird flies over head, and the physician takes aim.....but
doesn't fire.

"What now???" roars the surgeon.

Well, says the physician, in a recent article I read in the New England
Journal of Medicine, 12% of ducks are actually

Terns, and they're a protected species....

The third duck flies over, and the radiologist takes aim......then
paddles the boat further into the pond, then takes aim, then paddles
back a bit, then takes a further aim....and by this time the duck has
gone.

"Jesus wept!" explodes the surgeon, what the f*** were you doing?

Well, says the radiologist - every time I took aim, I realised that I
needed another view.

After lunch, they re-group for more hunting.

This time the surgeon gets out his double barrelled, gold plated
bazooka, blows his duck whistle - and as a flock of birds swarm over
head, he fires randomly and enthusiastically into the air. Objects rain
out of the sky. When he had finally finished blasting away to the
heavens - he turned to the pathologist and said: "row over to all those
bodies, and tell me if any of them was a duck"

Craig (Joe) Farish

Technical Officer

School of Agricultural and Veterinary Sciences

Charles Sturt University

Wagga Wagga NSW

Australia

<mailto:cfarish <@t> csu.edu.au> ' I don't want to achieve immortality
through my work, I want to achieve immortality through not dying' -
Woody Allen