[Histonet] Dendritic cells in mouse FFPE tissue

Tarango, Mark mtarango <@t> nvcancer.org
Thu Nov 8 17:35:13 CST 2007

What kind of dendritic cells?  I have a research antibody that I SWEAR
is marking the nuclei of dendritic cells.  The researcher who made the
antibody claims they're stem cells though.  What do I know?

Those langerhans kinds of dendritic cells should be CD1a positive and
BIOCARE has an antibody that works on paraffin.  You might try CD11c
too.

For plasmacytoid dendritic cells or follicular center/germinal center
dendritic cells I don't know of any single marker that is great and
won't mark anything aside from the dendritic cells.  You don't want any
cross-reactivity with macrophages, so I guess CD68 ain't an option...

Hmmm....

Mark Adam Tarango HT(ASCP)
Histology & IHC Supervisor
Nevada Cancer Institute