[Histonet] problem in dual staining of CD4 and FOXP3

FU,DONGTAO fudo <@t> ufl.edu
Thu Nov 8 11:13:22 CST 2007

Hello,

  Can anyone give me some suggestions on my case? I know a lot of
people here have a lot of dual staining experiences. I did dual
staining on 2 antibodies from different species in the past. They
worked well. But using 2 antibodies from same species is my first
time try and I met a big problem. Any suggestions I will be very
appreciate.

Ann

On Thu Nov 08 08:38:39 EST 2007, "FU,DONGTAO" <fudo <@t> ufl.edu>
wrote:

> Hi, all
>
>   Thank you first for giving me some good suggestions on
> thick-section question I posted last time. Now I met another
> problem when I did CD4 and FOXP3 dual staining using murine fresh
> frozen spleen. If I did single staining, both antibodies worked
> very well. However if I did dual staining, I could only get good
> result from the first antibody. The second one did not work at
> all(I mean no specific staining). I used CD4 from BD(rat
> anti-mouse). FOXP3 I used from ebioscience, also rat anti-mouse.
> I think there might be something wrong with my serum block(I used
> normal rat serum block) before I added secondary antibody. Or any
> other serum block I need to add to decrease the non-specific
> binding which I have not done yet. Does anyone can give me some
> suggestions according to my protocol below? How can I get
> specific staining of the secondary (primary)antibody?  Thank you,
>
>   Below is the simple protocol I used for dual staining:
>   1. 2% normal goat serum block 20 min
>   2. 1* antibody CD4 1:750 in diluent O/N 4C
>   3. Seconday AF594 GT anti-rat 1:1k in 1xTBS 1h RT
>   4. Serum block:  5% normal rat serum 30 min
>   5. 1* antibody FOXP3 1:100 in diluent 1h RT
>   6. Secondary AF488 Donkey anti-rat in TBS 1h RT
>
>   Use 1xTBS as wash buffer. Before staining, fix tissue in -20C
> Aceton for 5 min, then airdry.
>

> Ann Dongtao Fu MD Ph.D
> Lab Manager
> Molecular Pathology core