[Histonet] Dako vs ventanna automated immunostainers

Larry Woody slappycraw <@t> yahoo.com
Fri May 25 18:47:13 CDT 2007

When working up a new antibody you need to have the flexability to pick and choose the solutions you want to try. The Dako has that, the Ventana does not, but for reliability they seem to be both like Hondas.

Rene J Buesa <rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com> wrote:  Many times this same topic has been discussed in Histonet. You should try to go to the archives, but in "a nut shell", Dako has always come ahead of Ventana in the general concensus.
René J.

"Hopkins, Karen" wrote:
If anyone has an opinion they would like to share concerning the
reliability of either the Ventana or Dako immunostainers I would
appreciate hearing from you. I am only focusing on the reliability of
results not the price, antibodies etc.

Karen Hopkins
Histology Supervisor
Upper Chesapeake Medical Center &