[Histonet] Custom made solutions

Carole Fields cgfields <@t> lexhealth.org
Fri May 25 08:19:33 CDT 2007

I ran into the same situation and contacted Poly Scientific and they made up my solution and packaged it in prefilled containers.  Also BBC will do the same....I learned after the fact.  Either place is great and accommodating. Let me know if you are interested and I can give you the details.
Carole Fields, HT,ASCP
Pathology Supervisor
Lexington Medical Center
2720 Sunset Blvd.
W. Columbia, SC 29169

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Wheelock [mailto:twheelock <@t> mclean.harvard.edu]
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2007 9:37 AM
To: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: [Histonet] Custom made solutions

Hi Everyone:

Does anyone know of a company who makes custom-made solutions?
I am finding it too time consuming and distracting to regularly make a
cryoprotectant that has 5 ingredients and requires heat.

Thanks,

Tim Wheelock
Harvard Brain Brain
Belmont, MA

P.S.

The cryoprotectant requires:

polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP-40)
sucrose
sodium chloride
sodium phosphate monobasic monohydrate
sodium phosphate dibasic heptahydrate
ethylene glycol
and water.

  Any information, including protected health information (PHI), transmitted in
this email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt
from disclosure under applicable Federal or State law.  Any review,
 retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance
upon, PHI by persons or entities other than the intended recipient
is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please contact the sender
 and delete the material from any computer.