[Histonet] Tissue Tek Cryostat

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Thu May 24 10:18:24 CDT 2007

A little trick to keep frost buildup at a minimum in an old Tissue Tek II
cryostat.  After defrosting, we used to wipe down the flat metal surfaces
of chamber with  ethylene glycol, or antifreeze, leaving a bit of this
behind on the surface.  This kept frost from forming so fast, but do NOT
get this on knife holder or blade or frozen blocks,  you do not want
defrosted frozen sections.

Gayle Callis HTL, HT, MT(ASCP)
Research Histopathology Supervisor
Veterinary Molecular Biology