[Histonet] Lab Procedures

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Mon May 21 08:17:18 CDT 2007

Derek:
  Short answers to your questions:
  1- NCLSS originally dictated the formate;
  2- About 40 all in the SOP (Standard Operating Procedures);
  3-The Supervisor selects new procedures and if s/he knows how, could "create" new ones, to be "blind tested" and approved by the lab director; and
  4- The same as going to Carnegie Hall: "practice, practice, practice"
  René J.

Derek Johnson <derekejohnson <@t> hotmail.com> wrote:
  Hello All-

I am a histotechnology student and have a few questions I would like to ask
this great community about your lab procedures. I don't want to be too
intrusive, but any info you can give would be wonderful!

Without further ado, here are my questions:
1) Who decides the format and required components of your lab's procedures,
an accrediting organization or internal laboratory management?

2) About how many histotechnology related procedures exist in your
laboratory? Where are they kept?

3) Who is responsible for creating new lab procedures? Who is responsible
for reviewing your histology lab procedures? How often is it required to be
done?

4) What is the method you use to train new personnel in your lab?

Thanks for all your input!

-Derek