[Histonet] Coplin

Weems, Joyce JWEEMS <@t> sjha.org
Sun May 20 16:23:21 CDT 2007

I say....Cope land.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Lee &
Peggy Wenk
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2007 7:49 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Coplin

Two nonsensical questions for late Friday night, concerning coplin jars.
We got into a discussion about it this week, but I forgot to get onto
Histonet Friday morning in time for the Friday trivia (though the CSI
thread was good).

1. How do most people say "coplin"?
- Cope lynn
- Cop lynn

We have people pronouncing it differently. Training difference?
Difference in dialect? You say toe-may-toe, I say toe-mah-toe?

Which brought us to question #2:

2. Who (maybe what) is Coplin/coplin? What nationality? That might make
a difference in how the name should be pronounced. I've been looking for
the origin/inventor/whatever, and I can't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Peggy A. Wenk, HTL(ASCP)SLS
William Beaumont Hospital
Royal Oak, MI 48073