AW: [Histonet] Coplin

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Sat May 19 12:37:03 CDT 2007

Inspired from the Friday-Fun mails I must admit, that I say "Kuevette" to
the coplin jar. (but my mother tongue is German)

I think Coplin was a person. There exist various jar-models. One is named
after Coplin and one after Hellendahl.
And I wouldn't be surprised if he was a French and his name is pronounced
this way (like Gobelin the carpet).

Gudrun Lang

Biomed. Analytikerin
Histolabor
Akh Linz
Krankenhausstr. 9
4020 Linz
+43(0)732/7806-6754

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] Im Auftrag von Lee &
Peggy Wenk
Gesendet: Samstag, 19. Mai 2007 01:49
An: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Betreff: [Histonet] Coplin

Two nonsensical questions for late Friday night, concerning coplin jars. We
got into a discussion about it this week, but I forgot to get onto Histonet
Friday morning in time for the Friday trivia (though the CSI thread was
good).

1. How do most people say "coplin"?
- Cope lynn
- Cop lynn

We have people pronouncing it differently. Training difference? Difference
in dialect? You say toe-may-toe, I say toe-mah-toe?

Which brought us to question #2:

2. Who (maybe what) is Coplin/coplin? What nationality? That might make a
difference in how the name should be pronounced. I've been looking for the
origin/inventor/whatever, and I can't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Peggy A. Wenk, HTL(ASCP)SLS
William Beaumont Hospital
Royal Oak, MI 48073