[Histonet] CLIA recs and contract labs

Liz Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Fri May 18 17:05:16 CDT 2007

I have a question about histology labs that just perform the processing of
tissue samples from humans for diagnosis.  I spoke to two different
individuals at the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment the
Laboratory Services Division and they told me that as long as the slides
were not being read at my facility then we are not required to be CLIA
Certified.  The pathologist that I could be performing the work for thinks
that I need to be CLIA certified. So what is the correct answer?  It would
be nice to get some responses from labs that just provide the histology
services to a pathologist, but any advice would be helpful.

Thanks in advance

Liz

Manager

Premier Laboratory, LLC