[Histonet] Okajima Stain

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Mon May 14 16:19:42 CDT 2007

Sandra:
  The Okajima stain (1917) was developed to stain [orange] erythrocytes in sections. I don't know about its differential staining for hemoglobin or myoglobin, but I asume it will stain hemoglobin (which was the original intent).
  René J.

"Etheridge, Sandra AL:EX" <Sandra.Etheridge <@t> gov.bc.ca> wrote:
  Hello, everyone,

I was wonder if anyone knows if the Okajima stain will differentiate
between hemaglobin and myoglobin? Does it even stain myoglobin? Is
there a stain or antibody (IHC) for it?

Any information is, as always, much appreciated.

Sandra Etheridge

BC Ministry of Agriculture & Lands
Animal Health Center, Histology
Abbotsford, BC