[Histonet] leather strops

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Mon May 14 12:35:20 CDT 2007

We have never leather stropped a reconditioned knife.  When it comes back
to us, it is like brand new knife and ready to go.  In fact, we have not
stropped a knife in over 35 years with the advent of automatic knife
sharpeners, in particular the ThermoFisher/ThermoShandon/Shandon sharpener
and the superb reconditioning services available to us.

At 11:16 AM 5/14/2007, you wrote:
>Hello everyone, I am a 'new' Histonetter and I have a problem. Sturkey, inc
>suggested that I try you. We still hand strop our microtome knives, after
>being reconditioned by Sturkey's. I know I'm looking for dinosaurs, but I
>would like to find the two strops for the Lipshaw Model A hand
>strop.Thermo/Fisher says they are no longer available. Can anyone help?
>Thanks,  Lynda from Huron Medical Center, Bad Axe, MI

Gayle Callis
MT,HT,HTL(ASCP)
Research Histopathology Supervisor
Veterinary Molecular Biology