[Histonet] storing paraformaldehyde under inert gas

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Fri May 4 10:05:13 CDT 2007

We store our Sigma paraformaldehyde inside a sealed plastic bag in the
refrigerator (their 4C recommendation) but never under an inert gas.  The
bag is used to isolate the bottle, keep things clean more than anything.

At 01:44 PM 5/3/2007, you wrote:
>    I have not heard of this and I just store my paraformaldehyde in its
> original container, tightly closed. I suppose you could buy a glove box,
> a closed chamber with gloves and inlet and outlet valves and use it to
> close the paraform. jar with nitrogen in the chamber. Seems like a lot of
> trouble ESPECIALLY since, if the lid is not 100% leak proof, you are
> wasting your time and money.
>
>Geoff

Gayle Callis
MT,HT,HTL(ASCP)