[Histonet] Paper Bag

Victoria Baker bakevictoria <@t> gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 06:16:40 CDT 2007

Douglas,

I have also been looking to find the paper biopsy bags, also known as
"tea bags".  The fellow who had gotten this product on the market
passed away not that long ago.  What I'm gathering from various
vendors is that they are not manufacturing these bags due to some
legal ranglings. At this point the only item we've been able to look
at that even comes close to what we need comes from Surgipath.  It's a
tinted sheet that we use for our most delicate biopsies.  I'm at home
now so I don't have the catalog number, but if you want I would
contact Surgipath directly I'm sure they can help you.  It's a
subsitute, not what you're looking for but it will hold up.

Vikki Baker
Histology Supervisor
NIH/NCI/LP, Bethesda Maryland