[Histonet] human-on-human IHC staining

Andrea Hooper anh2006 <@t> med.cornell.edu
Wed Mar 28 07:57:19 CDT 2007

For human on human staining several options work excellently in my hands:

(1) Precomplexing primary with secondary antibody before adding to
tissue (with appropriate blocking steps)
(2) Biotinylating your primary with a kit beforehand (not Zenon
exactly but instead biotinylate in larger quantities)
(3) FITC labeling your primary (FluoReporter kit from InVitrogen)
then use a rabbit anti-FITC "secondary" and an anti-rabbit polymer
for amplification.

Steps 2 & 3 require that you have sufficient primary in an
appropriate concentration to conjugate.

Are you sure the antibody you are working with is "good" for IHC ...
??? These kits unfortunately won't make miracles out of antibodies
which are not optimized for IHC. I have not tried Zenon personally
but have heard good things. If you want, send me your Zenon based
protocol and maybe I can help.

LMK if you need more details/information on any of the above.