[Histonet] Histotechnologist Job Opportunity at Quest Diagnostics in South Florida

Kellar, Eric C Eric.C.Kellar <@t> questdiagnostics.com
Tue Mar 27 13:16:47 CDT 2007

There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently we are seeking a Histotechnologist I.
As a Histotechnologist I, you will perform the daily activities as described below:
1. Capable of performing all of the duties/responsibilities of a Histotechnician I and II.
2. Ensure proper accessioning and labeling of all tissue samples.
3. Process paperwork associated with accessioning and reporting.
4. Ensure proper tissue processing.
5. Embed processed tissue in paraffin.
6. Perform microtomy of embedded tissue.
7. Prepare slides for routine Hematoxylin and Eosin staining.
8. Perform coverslipping of stained slides either manually or automated.
9. Prepare solutions and reagents for special stain procedures.
10. Obtain and validate tissue used in special stains.
11. Perform all special stain procedures.
12. May prepare solutions and reagents for IHC procedures.
13. May obtain and validate control material used in IHC procedures.
14. May perform IHC testing.
15. Perform filing of finished blocks and slides.
16. Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment and troubleshoot minor equipment failures.  Document remedial actions such as repairs or repeated tests.
17. Provide training and guidance to Histotechnicians, students and lab aides.
18. Adhere to laboratory's quality control policies and document all quality control activities.
19. Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
21. Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations.
22. Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
23. Other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
Shift: Day M-F. No weekends or Holidays
Education: AA, AS or BS degree or equivalent training and experience.
Work Experience: 1-3 years experience as a Histotechnician or Histotechnologist.
Special Requirements: HT/HTL (ASCP), prefer QIHC (ASCP) and Florida State Licensure as a Clinical Laboratory Technician/Technologist.
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers' trust every day by providing the highest quality products and services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Dedicated people improving the health of patients through unsurpassed diagnostic insights."
Please contact Human Resources at 954-378-5000 or on the web at http://www.questdiagnostics.com

The contents of this message, together with any attachments, are intended only for the use of the person(s) to which they are addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Further, any medical information herein is confidential and protected by law. It is unlawful for unauthorized persons to use, review, copy, disclose, or disseminate confidential medical information. If you are not the intended recipient, immediately advise the sender and delete this message and any attachments. Any distribution, or copying of this message, or any attachment, is prohibited.