[Histonet] tape transfer paraffin question

Thomas Pier tp2 <@t> medicine.wisc.edu
Mon Mar 26 14:59:00 CDT 2007

Sometimes those parts of the tape stick to the slide.  As long as the
pink tape is gone, the area over the cores should be free of tape.

Tom Pier

>>> "Tamara A Howard" <thoward <@t> unm.edu> 03/26/07 2:17 PM >>>
Help!

I've been given 2 tissue array slides that were made using
one of the tape transfer systems. I've never had tape
slides - isn't the tape supposed to be removed before
staining? The supplier of the slides says to just proceed
as usual, but these look to me as if they still have tape,
and I can see the "this side to adhesive" & "knife edge"
(or whatever the other message is) - shouldn't those
messages be gone if the tape has been removed? Maybe they
are supposed to look this way, and I'm just being paranoid
(they are ungodly expensive samples).

Thanks!

Tamara