[Histonet] Job Posting - Histotechnician

Charles J. DiComo Charles.DiComo <@t> AUREON.com
Thu Mar 22 13:19:10 CDT 2007

At Aureon Laboratories, our mission is to be the leader in personalized
predictive pathology. It is our passion to provide patients and
physicians with improved decision making tools that enable improved
patient care. At Aureon, we use a "Systems Pathology" approach
integrating clinical information, biomarkers and computer analysis;
taken together we create the most advanced and accurate prediction of an
individual's disease available today.

Under general supervision, you will perform technical duties in the
preparation of surgical biopsy specimens for microscopic examination and
prepare histologic slides from tissue sections for microscopic
examination and diagnosis by a Pathologist. Successful candidate will
gross, process, embed, cut and stain surgical biopsies and perform
complex histologic procedures and analyze and correct problems using
scientific principles. Must be proficient working with an automated
tissue processor, H&E autostainer, cover-slipper, microtome, and
embedding stations. Perform accurate, reliable and high level work
efficiently, must have good organizational skills with attention to
detail, and must communicate well verbally and in writing. Prefer
candidate with experience in immunohistochemistry and
immunofluorescence. Experience working independently with challenging
small biopsy specimens in a specialized diagnostic lab setting a plus.

Minimum of 3-5 years full-time experience in Histopathology working in a
clinical setting under the direction of a Board Certified Pathologist.
Should have ASCP Histotechnician certification.

This is a full time position, however per diem opportunities exist.

We work in a modern state-of-the-art laboratory with a fully integrated
laboratory information system and computer network. We are located one
block from the Hudson River Line Metro North Railroad just 20 minutes
outside of New York City.

For our employees, we offer an innovative environment, comprehensive
resources, ongoing career development. We offer all of our colleagues an
opportunity to participate in an outstanding benefits package that
includes Health, Dental, Disability, 401(k) Retirement Plan, and pre-tax
Flexible Spending Accounts.

Aureon Laboratories is dedicated to providing the people we
serve-patients and physicians with the highest degree of service. If you
are seeking a rewarding, challenging career in a laboratory environment
with an organization that will develop your strengths and help you meet
your personal and professional goals, we want to talk with you.

Please submit a summary of experience, CV/Resume, names of three (3)
references and salary history to recruiter <@t> aureon.com
<mailto:recruiter <@t> aureon.com>  or fax to 914-377-4001 or mail to:

Aureon Laboratories, Inc.
28 Wells Avenue