[Histonet] Re: Kurabo AS 200

Cazares, Ruth RCazares <@t> schosp.org
Wed Mar 21 14:55:30 CDT 2007

Well I have to admit, curiosity got the best of me and I went on the
website to checkout my (and every histo tech's) competition.

It does seem impressive, and it can crank out 200 slides in 2 hours (one
run equals 2 hours), BUT those are serial sections from one block.  If
you want different blocks cut it can handle up to;  WAIT FOR IT......
HERE IT COMES........ 20, YES! Twenty blocks every run or 2 hours.  So,
if your lab averages 200 blocks a day it would take 10 hours to get them
cut and stained.

I don't think that would work in my lab, but that's just my opinion.  I
have enclosed the website in case anyone else is curious.

http://www.bio.kurabo.co.jp/English/as200.html

Ruth Cazares, Histology Supervisor (and histo tech, for the time being)

Department of Pathology

Swedish Covenant Hospital

Chicago, IL 60625

***  Confidentiality Statement ***
This e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and then delete it from your system. Any review, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited and may be subject to legal restriction.

Thank you for your cooperation.