[Histonet] Paraffin Block Disposal

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Mar 21 11:12:54 CDT 2007

My SOP specified that old blocks (with more than 9 years in the files) were disposed off as used paraffin in red bags to be incinerated.
  That aspect of our SOP was acceptable to CAP inspectors.
  René j.

Jessica Piche <jessgrocki <@t> yahoo.com> wrote:
  Hi,

How is everyone disposing of Paraffin blocks? Are they considered Biohazardous waste or can they go in the regular trash? I cannot find anything on the CAP website and they are coming soon. Thanks!

Jessica Piche-Grocki, HT(ASCP)
Waterbury Hospital