[Histonet] Kurabo AS-200

Akemi Allison-Tacha akemiat3377 <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Mar 21 10:40:13 CDT 2007

I agree with you Victor.  Being half Japanese and
living and working in Japan, automation and computers
are a way of life!

This progression in automation was inevitable. The
histology field is becoming totally automated and
cutting tissues was the last craft we histo-techs
performed.  In the future there will be a instrument
that will be fed a sample of tissue and a total
analysis will be given.  We dinosaurs are dying off.
Better wake-up and smell the coffee and become
comfortable with the computer age.  DON'T KID
YOURSELF.  We are being replaced.  Histology is
becoming like the chemistry and hematology labs
automated.

What did Vinnie D. say at the NSH banquet?  These kids
are coming down the birth canal with a I Pod in their
hand.

There is a shortage of companies supplying the
histology industry with quality control slides.  Dako
and Thermo have now discontinued selling quality
control slides.  The remaining companies are faced
with the same problem as hospitals and private labs,
NOT ENOUGH QUALIFIED HISTO-TECHS.  This is a perfect
answer for that niche.

I know that there have been some disgruntled
supervisors because of 2-3 month back orders of
quality control slides.  This may be acceptable with
equipment purchases, but quality control slides?

Just my 2 cents after working on both sides of the
industry.

Akemi Allison-Tacha

--- Victor Tobias <victor <@t> pathology.washington.edu>