[Histonet] thermometer for waterbaths

Marshall Terry Dr, Consultant Histopathologist Terry.Marshall <@t> rothgen.nhs.uk
Tue Mar 20 11:37:49 CDT 2007

Wrong Kemlo, I am not that stupid even though I am only a pathologist. I
took the temperature in the middle and midway between the "floor" and
water surface.

Terry

________________________________

From: Kemlo Rogerson [mailto:Kemlo.Rogerson <@t> waht.swest.nhs.uk]
Sent: 20 March 2007 16:31
To: Marshall Terry Dr, Consultant Histopathologist; Vickroy, Jim;
histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] thermometer for waterbaths

Odd that this subject came up now, because  I had to come in at the
weekend, and went into the lab and looked at the waterbaths which were
still on. One had the thermostat (joke) set at 40 and the temperature
from a thermometer was 48. The other had the temperature set at 50, and
the temperature was 56.

And you lot have the cheek to make digs about the pathologists!!!

Terry

So what was the temperature of the water then? Bet you stuck the
thermometer into the water touching the bottom didn't you? Don't you
know that the heating element will cause the sides to be warmer than the
water? You need to take the temperature by dangling the thermometer into
the water but not touching the sides or bottom.

Easy mistake for a Pathologist.

Kemlo Rogerson

Pathology Manager

This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please accept my apologies; please do not disclose, copy or
distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on
its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please inform me that this message has gone astray before deleting it.
Thank you for your co-operation