[Histonet] slide drying

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Thu Mar 15 09:48:17 CDT 2007

Yes - for the last 27 years,  but never at 70C.  We have a dry air
incubator set at 60C, just enough to melt the paraffin on sections.  This
incubator is also used to melt paraffin in a metal beaker in case we need
to top off our processor paraffins.   Drying time is usually 45 min or so
for sections on well drained Plus charge slides, and drying of slides has
been excellent.

At 04:58 PM 3/14/2007, you wrote:
>Has anyone ever used a 60C- 70C incubator to dry histology slides?  Would
>the non-circulation of heated air cause inadequate drying of slides???

Gayle Callis
MT,HT,HTL(ASCP)
Research Histopathology Supervisor
Veterinary Molecular Biology