[Histonet] Re: perfect histology lab

Molinari, Betsy BMolinari <@t> heart.thi.tmc.edu
Thu Mar 15 05:29:55 CDT 2007

I don't have to guess, I know I am lucky. I too am the lone histotech
and do paraffin, frozens and plastics. I have worked with my supervisor
for 17 years and you couldn't ask for a better person. I am left to my
own devices as long as the results are good and on time. I can pretty
much design my own schedule and yes, I have windows. Nirvana.

Betsy Molinari HT (ASCP)
Texas Heart Institute
Cardiovascular Pathology
6770 Bertner Ave.
Houston,TX 77030
832-355-6524
832-355-6812 (fax)

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Thomas
Proctor
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 6:45 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Re: perfect histology lab

I guess I am lucky; I run a histology core for an exclusive group of 6
scientists who are all studying neuroimmunology--and I'm the only person
in my histology lab!  The only thing expected of me is results, no drama
to speak of.  It's all my stuff, my mess.  Perfect?  I don't know, but
it sure is nice.

>>> "Steven Coakley" <sjchtascp <@t> yahoo.com> 03/14/07 4:23 PM >>>
LOL,  perfect histology lab ...ya right.  How about a snot nose newbie
tech right out of school, no clinical experience at all, running the
show, spouting her theory and superior knowledge and intellect, brown
nosing the boss that's now in her back pocket.  All the experienced
techs 14-40 years experience each moving right out the door.  Go figure.
And the boss can't understand why she can't keep techs.