[Histonet] CD56 (123C3.D5)

Theresa Rohr RohrT <@t> nyackhospital.org
Tue Mar 13 09:00:18 CDT 2007

Dear Histonetters,

Is anyone out there using this antibody, CD56, from Cell Marque with the Dako Envision+ protocol.  I am having some trouble arriving at a good dilution.  Am presently at 1:100 with 20 min TR w/EDTA Buffer, 30 in antibody, 30 in polymer and 10 min DAB.

Some membranous staining but not really crisp and a whole lot of background staining. My control is hemorrhagic brain tissue, the only sizeable example of small cell I could find in our history. We tried carcinoid, astrocytoma and some autopsy material but the docs were not happy. What else is new???????? They want to see it on small cell and this brain mets case is the only sizeable tumor.

Does anyone have a better protocol with Envision+ and also is there another way for me to quench that background staining. I increased my H2O2 from 5 to 10 minutes and got no better results at all?  Can I use Pepsin too?????

I would appreciate any advice. And yes, I did contact Cell Marque and am waiting for their suggestions too. But it's my peers that I trust the most!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much,
Theresa Rohr, Nyack Hospital
rohrt <@t> nyackhospital.org

Theresa Rohr, BA, HT(ASCP)
Section Head, Histology
Nyack Hospital
160 North Midland Avenue
Nyack, New York 10960
phone 845-348-2276
fax 845-348-8430

Nyack Hospital is required by Law to protect the privacy of health information under HIPAA Rules and Regulations Part 11, Article 45 CFR, Parts 160-164. This email, including attachments, is intended for the exclusive use of the person or the entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential or legally protected information. The authorized recipient is prohibited from disclosing this information to any other party and is required to destroy this information after its stated need has been fulfilled. If the recipient or reader of this email is not the intended recipient or her/his authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is prohibited. If you believe that you have received this email in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply email and then delete this email immediately.