[Histonet] IHC bone tissue adherence issues

Kang, Joseph J joseph.j.kang <@t> pfizer.com
Wed Mar 7 13:09:20 CST 2007

Dear Histoneters,
I have a great favor to ask.
I need to find out what procedures I can use to keep bone sections
intact on glass slides during IHC staining.
There seems to be a lot of tissue lifting or loss during antigen
retrieval. I am currently using plus slides on regular paraffin sections
and leaving them in the oven for up to 24 hours with no success. I also
attempted using the Instrumedics tape transfer system, which seems to
retain more tissue than regular sections, but with similar results.
We also attempted doing IHC on frozen knee joints using the tape
transfer system to skip the antigen retrieval steps without success.
Any positive feedback on the matter is greatly appreciated.

Joe