[Histonet] Illinois Society for Histotechnologists Spring Meeting

Rae Staskiewiez raestask <@t> grics.net
Wed Mar 7 10:14:29 CST 2007

The Illinois Society for Histotechnologists will hold their Spring Symposium
on May 17-18, 2007 at The Chateau in Bloomington, IL. Following is the
program. If you have any questions, or for further information, contact Jane
Chladny at mchladny <@t> uiuc.edu or call 217-333-8708.

7:00-8:00      Registration

                   Rolls and coffee provided

8:00-8:15      President's Welcome                  Maureen Doran

8:15-9:15      HPV                                 Dr. Amy Budke

9:15-10:00    Break/Exhibits

10:00-11:00   The Histological Role of Targeted

                   Therapy Testing in Cancer Ray Ortiz

11:00-12:00   Learn Different Mohs

                   Techniques                      Lisa Jackson

12:00-1:00    Lunch

Thursday, May 17

Afternoon Workshops

1:00-4:30 pm

(break from 2:30-3:00 with vendors)

#1      Colors                                       Dr. Robin Orr

#2      Strategies for Success                           Ada Feldman/

          in Immunohistochemistry            Dee Wolfe

#3        Ready or Not Here It Comes:                 Donna Willis

          Microwave Technology

Don't miss the Wine and Cheese Reception with Vendor Auction!!!

5-7 pm Thursday, in the exhibit room

Friday, May 18

Registration 7:00-8:00 am

Morning Workshops

8:00-11:45 am

(break from 9:45-10:30 with vendors)

#4      DIY Basic Repair and Maintenance          Matt Mincer/

          of Equipment                                      Stan Weglarz

#5      Basic Review of the H&E Stain              Mary Raye Hestand

#6      How Do I Find It, and What Do I Do

          With It         When I Do Find It?            Charlie Dorner

Lunch/Awards 11:45-1:00

Afternoon Workshops

1:00-4:30

(break from 2:30-3:00)

#7      Stars of the Silver Screen            Joan Vesey

#8      The SWEET Workshop: Smart Working

          Environment Ergonomics Training Jan Minshew

                   Jan Minshew

Reservations may be made at: The Chateau Hotel and Conference Center

1601 Jumer Drive, Bloomington, IL  61704

Rooms $89.00 plus 12% tax per night

Call 309-662-2020

Please reserve your room by April 16th, and mention ISH when making your
reservation to receive the symposium rate.

The hotel offers an indoor pool, sauna, whirlpool, & fitness room. An
outdoor mall is within walking distance. Check out www.chateauhotel.biz for
more information.