[Histonet] paraffin vs. frozen

Katri Tuomala katri <@t> cogeco.ca
Tue Mar 6 13:08:07 CST 2007

Katri

Katri Tuomala
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kalleberg, Kristopher" <Kristopher.Kalleberg <@t> unilever.com>
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 1:22 PM
Subject: [Histonet] paraffin vs. frozen

If anyone could give some insight as to what the differences are between
frozen sections and paraffin sections when performing IHC I would
greatly appreciate it.  I am running a study and the results for a few
of the markers I am not to happy with and am contemplating changing over
to frozen sections for upcoming studies.  Is there any rhyme or reason
as to why antibodies work better with frozens sections or paraffin
sections?  Any help will of course be greatly appreciated.

Kris Kalleberg
Research Scientist
Unilever R&D
40 Merritt Blvd.