[Histonet] GAG Stain

Geoff McAuliffe mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Mon Mar 5 12:13:22 CST 2007

Alcian Blue at pH 2.5 or 1.0, precceded by digestion with specific
enzymes, will work for formalin-fixed (better is formalin-alcohol-acetic
acid) tissues.
There is also the "critical electrolyte concentration" methods with
Alcian Blue.
Some lectin methods (see Vector Labs website) will demo specific amino
sugars of the GAG.

Geoff

--
--