[Histonet] Problems using Pap Pen

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Sun Mar 4 08:16:14 CST 2007

Try using a simple wax pencil instead of a PAP pen. Absolutely innocuous!
  René J.

Tilman Krieger <tilman.fuldatal <@t> web.de> wrote:
  Hello everybody,
I tried to do some ICCs (DAB / Ni) but had some problems, obviously
caused by using a Pap pen (Manufactured by Beckman Coulter) in a wrong
way. All my tissues that were put on Superfrost-slides (Manufacturer:
Menzel) looked really strange: only half of the tissue was coloued. It
seemed as if something had faded into the tissue. I do not exactly know
what it was and at which point of the ICC it happent, but I suppose it
was the pap pen. Other tissues from the same organ (the same animal!)
were correctly coloured - they were fixated on different slides
(Manufacturer unknown).
Any suggestions?
Which distance do you keep between tissue and pap pen line? How long do
you let it dry?
Thanks in advance, Til MR