[Histonet] Nuclear artefact II

Gale, Nadia Ngale <@t> bccancer.bc.ca
Thu Jun 28 11:05:12 CDT 2007

I've looked at everyone's suggestions/comments and am sad to report that
I cannot get rid of the nuclear "bubble" artefact from our slides.

I have tried

- decreasing water bath temp
- increasing/decreasing drying oven time before H&E staining
- varying fixation times in formalin

I am currently trying

- decreasing drying oven temperature
- changing the "wrap" that I use for the biopsies when grossing
- looking at our wax times on the processor

I agree with Bob that it's extremely frustrating that our community
cannot seem to agree on a common cause for this (what I am now
realizing) common artefact.

I'll keep you posted with my results.

Thank you so much for all of your ideas and help with this, I am most
grateful.

Sincerely,
Nadia Gale
Histotechnologist
Centre for Translational and Applied Genomics (CTAG)
3427-600 West 10th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5Z 4E6
tel 604-877-6000 ext 2426
fax 604-877-6089