[Histonet] HRP Substrates

Constance McManus ladylaynah <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 21:26:30 CDT 2007

I'm using NOVA Red and it works great.  It seems to be about like AEC -- has a rich, deep red color  -- except that it goes through alcohols and histoclear nicely. The data sheet states that it needs to be prepared in glass distilled water, which I do.  I don't know what would happen if you used regular DI, I imagine it would form a precipitate or not be as rich a red color.  It also needs to be prepared within a couple of minutes before using.  But it's not difficult to use and I highly recommend it.

Connie McManus, HT
University of Utah
School of Medicine,
Dept. of Dermatology

At 10:28 AM 6/26/2007, you wrote:
>Hi all. I am looking for a peroxidase substrate that will withstand
paraffin
>embedding. Something other that DAB. AEC and TMB are not stable thru
>embedding if memory serves me right. Any suggestions?

Gayle Callis
MT,HT,HTL(ASCP)
Research Histopathology Supervisor
Veterinary Molecular Biology
Montana State University - Bozeman
PO Box 173610
Bozeman MT 59717-3610

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, and/or privileged material. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any errant transmission. If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system and notify the sender.  E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.
Barry University - Miami Shores, FL (http://www.barry.edu)