[Histonet] HT exam

Lee & Peggy Wenk lpwenk <@t> sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 25 17:41:24 CDT 2007

The Jan - June 2007 results will be published in the Fall 2007.

The highest possible HT and HTL score is 999. However, the average highest
score for the last 7 years is 771 for the HT exam.

The following are the highest scores, taken from the ASCP webpage that has
links to exam results by year.
http://www.ascp.org/Certification/ForProgramDirectors/default.aspx

2006 - 767
2005 - 776
2004 - 788
2003 - 779
2002 - 764
2001 - 775
2000 - 752

In case someone wants to know the highest HTL exam scores for the last 7
years (average highest score = 680):

2006 - 681
2005 - 679
2004 - 725
2003 - 649
2002 - 702
2001 - 652
2000 - 675

In case someone was wondering why the HTL exam averages 80 points lower than
the HT exam - well, it's that much harder of an exam. My HTL students have 5
additional months of lectures and labs in comparison with my HT students,
and 2 additional years of college biology and chemistry classes. And yet my
HTL students' exam scores are always lower than my HT students.
Consistently, year after year, no matter who the students are, no matter how
I change the HTL curriculum. The HTL exam is just that much harder than the
HT exam.

Peggy A. Wenk, HTL(ASCP)SLS
William Beaumont Hospital
Royal Oak, MI 48073