[Histonet] frozen sections on monkey eye

Jaimie Hoh jaimie_hk <@t> yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 21 05:31:58 CDT 2007

Hello Jennifer,

I've worked in an eye institute before and i have done
a lot of frozen mouse and rat eyes. Normally i'll have
a lot of difficulties in cutting the lens as when it
is fixed in 4% PFA, it hardens.
I've read in one of the previous email from histonet
that Perenyi's fluid is a good fixative for eye as
both Nitric and chromic acids have a softening effect
on the tissuesand ethanol is a coagulant fixative. It
is good as it fixes retina really well with little
separation of the layers and does not harden the lens.

I hope this will help.

Jaimie

--- "Harvey, Jennifer Lynn"