[Histonet] Staining for heavy metals

Weaver, Colin c.weaver <@t> vla.defra.gsi.gov.uk
Wed Jun 20 04:26:30 CDT 2007

Hi all - At present we use at our lab a Rubeanic acid stain for copper
in tissue, have also tried Rhodamine but have never been totally
convinced by either. I have seen references to a Timm's stain for heavy
metals. Does anyone use it?, is it any good? Would anyone be prepared to
send me a protocol.

Thanks Colin

Veterinary Laboratories Agency (VLA)

This email and any attachments is intended for the named recipient
only.
If you have received it in error you have no authority to use, disclose,
store or copy any of its contents and you should destroy it and inform
the sender.
Whilst this email and associated attachments will have been checked
for known viruses whilst within VLA systems we can accept no
responsibility once it has left our systems.
Communications on VLA's computer systems may be monitored and/or
recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for other
lawful purposes.