FW: [Histonet] quick and dirty scale bar

Ian Montgomery ian.montgomery <@t> bio.gla.ac.uk
Tue Jun 19 04:27:42 CDT 2007

Caroline,
	    Ask the collaborator if they will take another micrograph of a
scale bar using the same settings. If this is impractical, is there a red
blood corpuscle in the field? The built in scale bar that will give an
approximate figure.
	I was going too rant and rave about x10 and x40 images and how they
bear no relationship to reality but that can keep, the crumpy crabbit auld
man is going for coffee.
Ian.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Caroline
Bass
Sent: 19 June 2007 03:13
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] quick and dirty scale bar

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to finish up some figures for a paper.  One collaborator
has given me 10X images that appear to have been taken from a
standard digital camera.  Can anyone suggest a quick and easy way to
add a scale bar?  Unfortunately the journal requires it and I just
don't have it.  I have a scale bar for a 40X picture from a different
microscope/experiment, any chance that I can use this?  I'm guessing
it is not as simple as my 40X scale bar being 1/4 of the 10X?

Sorry, but I am clueless about this...  any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Caroline