[Histonet] Sakura E300 Retort Question

Scott lscott <@t> sfcn.org
Fri Jun 15 16:09:51 CDT 2007

Does anyone use an Sakura E300 tissue processor ?  Our lab has one and the top edge of the retort (where you put the specimens to process) is hot in one spot. The left side on top,where an air vent hole is.  This is after the process is completed,and the cleaning cycle is finished. I have never noticed this before. I spoke with a Sakura rep. and they didn't seem to know if this is normal.
    If anyone has an E300 would you please check to see if the retort is hot (in this one spot only) when the processor is just waiting for the next run?

Thanks,

Scott Hendricksen HT(ASCP)