[Histonet] automated microtome recommendations

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Jun 15 07:38:10 CDT 2007

Ask you Leica representative, they manufacture automated microtomer that face off (in the "thick" mode) the blocks, before starting in the "thin" mode.
  They are really very good.
  René J.

"Shields, Kim" <Kim.Shields <@t> viha.ca> wrote:
  We are in the market for new automated microtomes.

Any recommendations on makes & models? They need to be real workhorses!!

Also, has anyone used a microtome that faces the block automatically? We understand it's possible, but don't know who makes them, & if they really can do it.

Thanks in advance, we really look forward to your recommendations.

Kim Shields
VIHA
Victoria, BC
Canada