[Histonet] Biocontainers for carrying vials in and out of Biosafety level 3 facility

Della Speranza, Vinnie dellav <@t> musc.edu
Thu Jun 14 14:43:11 CDT 2007

Gayle,
You may find something you can use in a Lowes or Home Depot. Look for
polyethylene (or is it propylene) toolbox. We did this at a prior
facility where we purchased red plastic toolboxes. Sometimes you can
find them in yellow or red which kind of goes along with the biohazard
theme. Depending upon what you are transporting you can probably get
something as cheap as $10, especially if color or transparency is not an
issue.

Vinnie Della Speranza
Manager for Anatomic Pathology Services
165 Ashley Avenue  Suite 309
Charleston, South Carolina 29425
Tel: (843) 792-6353
Fax: (843) 792-8974

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Gayle
Callis
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2007 12:56 PM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Biocontainers for carrying vials in and out of
Biosafety level 3 facility

We are looking for a biocontainer or a box (may be clear plastic of some

type) with a handle and lock to be used for carrying vials in and out of
Biosafely Level 3 facility.

The only one we have found is polycarbonate which means you can't spray
alcohol on this plastic, the alcohol eventually eats polycarbonate or
damages it.  So much for safety!!

Any suggestions will be welcomed

Gayle Callis
MT,HT,HTL(ASCP)