[Histonet] Poor Eosin staining after prolonged fixation

Geoff McAuliffe mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Thu Jun 14 08:46:45 CDT 2007

Hi Janet:

    I recall hearing of this problem and I looked in my old copy of
Humason's text to find the solution. Naturally, the solution was not
there! However, I suggest a short oxidation with 0.25% potassium
permanganate followed by bleaching with 0.5% oxalic acid for a minute or
two until the sections are colorless. Wash thoroughly. This should
improve the staining, but be careful it may improve it too much!

Geoff

--
--
Geoff McAuliffe, Ph.D.