[Histonet] Magnet for old VIP's

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Wed Jun 13 13:11:55 CDT 2007

Linda,

You do not need the little pricey gray magnet - just use a magnetic teflon
coated stirring bar of the same size.  When we bought our VIP K series in
1984, Miles aka Sakura told us to substitute with the stirring
bar.  Curiousity made me try it and it worked nicely.   There are some
stirring bars that do not have ridges for closer contact, but the others
work too.

Have fun

At 11:54 AM 6/13/2007, you wrote:
>Does anyone have a magnet to use on the VIP they no longer use. If you
>can let go of it, please mail to Seton Medical Center, 1201 W.38th St.,
>Austin, TX 78705. Send to Linda Prestridge, Histology Dept.
>Thanks,
>LP

Gayle Callis
MT,HT,HTL(ASCP)