[Histonet] Question about Coverslippers & Barcoded Slides

Kopczynski, Charlotte Charlotte.Kopczynski <@t> baycare.org
Mon Jun 11 12:18:34 CDT 2007

Can anyone out there give me some feedback on auto-coverslippers and
Ventana bar-coded slides.  We have found that our Leica coverslipper
will not work on slides that have a barcode label (example Ventana
Immuno stained slides)  We thought that the TBS coverslipper would work
and did on dry slides with barcode labels.  However, after purchasing a
TBS coverslipper, we found that after the slides had been dehydrated and
cleared in xylene, there is some glue from the barcode label which oozes
out the sides of the label and the slides get stuck in the coverslipper.
Has anyone else found a coverslipper that works or any recommendations.
We are immunostaining 300+ slides per day and manual coverslipping is a
problem.

Thanks,
Charlotte Kopczynski,HTL(ASCP)
Regional Pathology Manager
BayCare Laboratories
Phone: 727-461-8246
Fax:   727-462-7596

Confidential:  This electronic message and all contents contain information
from BayCare Health System which may be privileged, confidential or otherwise
protected from disclosure.  The information is intended to be for the addressee
only.  If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution or use
of the contents of this message is prohibited.  If you have received this
electronic message in error, please notify the sender and destroy the original
message and all copies.