[Histonet] certification

Bartlett, Jeanine (CDC/CCID/NCZVED) jqb7 <@t> CDC.GOV
Fri Jun 1 04:44:57 CDT 2007

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Jennifer
MacDonald
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2007 2:08 AM
To: Emily Sours
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu;
histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] certification

Emily,
The ASCP (American Society for Clinical Pathology) certifies laboratory
personnel.  This is a national certification, recognized by all states,
although there are some states that require a license in addition.  In
order to become certified you are required to take an exam.   To be
eligible for the HT certification examination, you must have an AS
degree and one year of experience in a histology laboratory or graduate
from a NAACLS accredited program.  For the HTL level certification a BS
degree is required and one year experience, or the BS degree and
graduation from a NAACLS accredited program. Visit www.ascp.org and go
to the Board of
Registry (BOR) area   Should you have any other questions please feel
free
to contact me.
Jennifer

Jennifer MacDonald
Director, Histotechnician Training Program Mt. San Antonio College 1100
N. Grand Ave.
Walnut, CA 91789
(909) 594-5611 ext. 4884
jmacdonald <@t> mtsac.edu

"Emily Sours" <talulahgosh <@t> gmail.com>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
05/31/2007 10:07 PM

histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
cc

Subject
[Histonet] certification

What exactly makes one a certified HT or HTL tech? Does this vary by
state? I've never heard of it and googling it isn't helping.

(my apologies to Greg Luck for the multiple emails!) Emily
--
Pray, v.: To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled on behalf of
a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.