[Histonet] Use of molecular sieve beads

Marshall Terry Dr, Consultant Histopathologist Terry.Marshall <@t> rothgen.nhs.uk
Wed Jul 25 10:01:13 CDT 2007

That's two questions:-)

Which one did Joyce answer? :-)

Terry

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Cazares,
Ruth
Sent: 25 July 2007 15:49
To: histonet <@t> pathology.swmed.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Use of molecular sieve beads

Hello histonetters,

I have just read an article about molecular sieve beads being used in
xylene to extract the water, and therefore extending the life of the
xylene indefinitely.  This article was given to me by a cytologist. She
came across it on the cytology equivalent to the Histonet. So my
question is, has anybody in histology used this method to keep xylene
moisture free? And if so, do it really extend the life of the xylene
indefinitely?

Any and all information is greatly appreciated!

Ruth Cazares, Histology Supervisor

Department of Pathology

Swedish Covenant Hospital

Chicago, IL 60625

***  Confidentiality Statement ***
This e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and
confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this
message and then delete it from your system. Any review, dissemination,
distribution, or reproduction of this message by unintended recipients
is strictly prohibited and may be subject to legal restriction.

Thank you for your cooperation.