[Histonet] OCT tissuetek

Mickie Johnson mickie25 <@t> netzero.net
Tue Jul 24 19:33:26 CDT 2007

Dear Sonny,

We performed IHC on frozen LN for lymphoma immunophenotyping routinely at
Sacred Heart Medical Center. We found the samples stained consistently for
up to 6 months is not thawed and stored at -70 degrees C. We saved the
tissue right on the chuck. I don't have any experience with IM trygliceride
droplets. Good Luck!

Mickie

Mickie Johnson, B.S., HTL(ASCP)
Mohs Histology Consulting Services, LLC
  & Mohs Lab Staffing
2507 S. Manito Blvd.
Spokane, WA 99203
509-954-7134
Web: www.mohshistotemp.com & www.mohslabstaffing.com
Email: mickie25 <@t> netzero.net

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Sonny Duong
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 1:45 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] OCT tissuetek

Hi all,

How long can samples be kept in OCT embedding media in a
-80 freezer before they go bad?  Forever? A day?  I've been
trying to stain for intramuscular triglyceride droplets
with Oil Red O and it seems that after a couple of days the
tissues embedded in OCT stain weaker and eventually don't
stain at all.  Any help would be appreciated!

Sonny Duong
Green Lab
University of Virginia