[Histonet] Unsuccessful Muscle Lipid Staining

Liz Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Sun Jul 22 11:13:27 CDT 2007

Son

We did this in the past, we post fixed in osmium, it turned out quite =
nice.  I'll send images in a different e-mail.  We fixed in formalin and =
then post fixed the muscle in osmium overnight, we were working on mouse =
tibialis anterior so we kept the entire muscle intact and processed the =
whole muscle and then cut the muscle in half prior to embedding.  We =
found that the unstained sections turned out the best for demonstration =
of the fat. I might have a material and methods some where since I think =
they published on it.  I'll send that to you with the images.

Liz

Manager
Premier Laboratory, LLC
P.O. Box 18592