[Histonet] Transferring tissue from OCT to NBF

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 15:55:59 CDT 2007

Trim the excess OCT and place it in NBF (to complete thawing). Leave in NBF as usual.
  René J.

"Milne, Katy" <kmilne <@t> bccancer.bc.ca> wrote:
  Hi everyone.

We have some extra ovarian tumour samples frozen in OCT that we would
like to transfer to formalin so that we can then process and use as part
of a TMA. I'm just wondering if there are any special protocols that
should be followed or if we're ok with just trimming off excess OCT then
rinsing in NBF and fixing O/N in NBF?

Thanks,
Katy Milne
Deeley Research Centre