[Histonet] Re: random review of surgical cases

rsrichmond <@t> aol.com rsrichmond <@t> aol.com
Tue Jul 10 12:27:13 CDT 2007

Audra Bilbo in Texarkana, Texas asks:

>>How do you do a random review of surgical cases if there is only one pathologist?<<

In my travels as a locum tenens pathologist, I have never seen this done, much less by exchanging cases between two solo pathologists.

What regulatory agency requires such a review? Is there any alternative to it? It's likely to be a waste of everybody's time (except of course for the paper-pushers who require it).

Bob Richmond
Samurai Pathologist
Knoxville, Tennessee