AW: [Histonet] Van Gieson question....

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Fri Jul 6 09:43:43 CDT 2007

The decreasing of the nuclei stain is due to the acid pH of the vanGieson.
Try to prolong the incubation time in the Weigert's iron hemtaxylin,
afterwards only wash in water, no differentiation and go on with the
protocol to the elastica-dyesolution.

Gudrun Lang

Biomed. Analytikerin
Histolabor
Akh Linz
Krankenhausstr. 9
4020 Linz
+43(0)732/7806-6754
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] Im Auftrag von
AGrobe2555 <@t> aol.com
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 05. Juli 2007 22:56
An: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Betreff: [Histonet] Van Gieson question....

Good afternoon,
We are doing an Elastic Van Gieson stain on FFPE tissues and have come up
against a bit of a question.  While the elastin seems to be staining quite
nicely, the nuclei either are very faintly stained or not at all.  We  have
shortened the differentiation time in the FeCl, with little  difference. Any
ideas?
Thanks,
Albert

Albert C.  Grobe, PhD
International Heart Institute of Montana Foundation
Tissue  Engineering Lab, Saint Patrick  Hospital